Hike The KettleBell
Getting the kettlebell off the ground and into the first swing.
1. Start with the KB approximately 2’ in front of you (distances will vary depending on the athlete)
2. Hinge at the hip, knees back, grab KB with shoulders behind the handle, set the midline.
3. Maintaining a strong midline, shift weight back and hike bell between legs.
4. “Pop” hips open and extend knees.
1. Sets the athlete in a strong position from the very beginning.
2. More efficient use of energy than deadlifting the KB and getting the swing moving from a dead stop.
Courtesy of: @whiteboard_daily