- Every Memorial Day, CrossFitters all over the world complete the Hero WOD Murph. If you haven’t done Murph, follow THIS LINK to learn more.
- This year, we will be completing the Hero WOD on Saturday 5/29. We will run heats much like we did for the last Open WOD with pull-ups (couples together). It is our hope to follow up the last heat with a BBQ celebration. More information will follow, BUT mark it on your calendar now!
- Leading up to this event, we will be doing a bit of prep work in our weekly programming. Our focus will be running, push-up and pull-up rep schemes that will build your Murph engine to tip-top shape!
- Tap Swings & Tap Swing Pulls
- 3 Point Hip Opener (dynamic means keep them moving quickly as opposed to static hold)
- Murph performed as prescribed is done in a weight vest. This is advanced, and NO, you do not need a weight vest to do Murph. This is something you should talk to Tarken about before purchasing.
- We will begin weight vest training this week for Station #1 only. Performance and Fitness will not be done with a vest, or a burden of any kind.
- Keep those Push-Ups looking GOOD. Please review points of performance in THIS VIDEO. Good form builds strength, bad form stalls your progress.
- All runners will be running the 150m upper loop. DO NOT CUT THE CORNERS stay on the pavement at all times for your runs
- Our focus here is explosive power.
- Focus on Squeezing the glutes and firing out of the hole