When performing the OH squat, you should be thinking about constantly lifting/pushing the weight, and never just ‘holding it’. You do not want your muscles to be relaxed and depressed during the movement—they should be flexed to form a solid base of support for the weight overhead.
Major Points of Performance:
- Bar begins over the base of your neck (back rack)
- Elbows pointed down, show your armpits to the people in front of you
- Spread the bar with your hands as you push up on the load.
- Tight Core, naval drawn toward spine
- Point the palms of your hands toward the ceiling