- On Tuesday’s we will bring work focusing on gymnastic type movements: Strict Pull-Ups, Kipping, Ring Rows, Muscle-Ups, Handstand Push-Ups etc.
- It is important to review the blog each Tuesday, as we will be running different ‘strength’ elements depending on where you fall. You must have an understanding before coming in.
- You need to find the focus that makes sense for you. The guideline will change depending on what we are working that day.
For those that DO NOT have strict pull-ups, or want to get stronger at strict pull-ups.
For those that HAVE a strict or multiple strict pull-ups, but are lacking good kipping technique. This will help improve your kip, and kip strength, allowing you to string more reps together. Remember, strict before kipping is ALWAYS recommended. However, there are a few that fall in the gray area here and should consult with a coach if in question.
HAVE strict Pull-Ups. HAVE Chest to Bar Pull-Ups. Can do at least 10 Kipping Pull-Ups unbroken.
- Banded Lat Pull-Down
- working straight arm strength – be sure to choose a band that you do not need to lean into or use momentum to move.
- Banded Row
- most everyone should use a thin band for this.
- Scapular Pull-Ups
Make it burn! This WOD is go-go-go right from the start. It will take a couple rounds to find your groove, then just dig deep, fight through the discomfort and stay moving! You can do it!
10 Rounds for time of:
Down, Up and Over the Dumbbell (video shows a barbell)