We had a pretty amazing 5 Year Anniversary Party and we really want to thank all of you that came out to help celebrate! A special thank you goes out to Simonne for smoking and pulling 6 chickens and pork butts for us, Keith Cookson for smoking and pulling 10lbs of chicken thighs and chopping lettuce, tomatoes and pickling onions. A thank you to Chris Russell for taking and now editing over 600 photos, Michele Bushey for bringing her photo booth, Kim Lord for keeping us limber all day long and Erin Brophy for providing her magical oils for all of us to try! Not to mention all that came early to help set up, stayed late to tear down and for all of those that contributed such yummy food to add to the delicious spread. THANK YOU!!!!
TOP 5 MALE FINISHERS:
- Jason Surowiec 290 Points
- Marvin Montaque 265 Points
- John Fowler 260 Points
- and 5. TIE: Kevin Kehoe and Nick Carson 255 Points
TOP 5 FEMALE FINISHERS:
- Ashley Stebbins 285 Points
- Allison Lamay 275 Points
- Shannin Werner 265 Points
- Krisitn Suroweic 255 Points
- Kelly Moran 250 Points
Monday: Week 8 Day 1 Hatch
We worked up to 100% Back Squat, but you will find that our squat program is not over yet. Percentages work down a bit this week, but still remain challenging.
- Bring Your Weight Vest (if you have one, and if you want to use it) for Tuesday
- Review the info below if you will be participating in Monday Extra Work
Build More Powerful Glutes
If your glutes are weak, you will never be able to lift heavy on moves like the squat, clean, and press. Here is how to perform the glute bridge, the best movement there is to activate and engage your glutes.
- Lie on the floor with knees bent. Your back should be flat on the ground.
- Keeping your core tight, draw you heels in as close as you can to your butt. Put your arms out to the sides.
- Now push up as high as you can with your hips. In the top position, your back should be straight rather than arched. As you push up, flex your glutes as tightly as possible.
- Hold for 3 seconds as you contract your glutes and then come back down
- If you have 14:00, watch the whole video, as it is quite informative, however, skipping to 7:43 will show you a good demo of the movement too